Every Christmas we work hard to ensure that we keep our same high standard of customer service, because our customers are important to us. When we know that we have helped a customer make someones Christmas every special with one of our Gift Baskets or Gift Hampers, it makes it all worthwhile. This year, we decided to improve our customer service system, by having more people than ever manning the emails, phone calls and also the amazing Olark Live Chat system on the website, we felt it was vital to provide all these different methods to contact us to reduce the chance of missing a customers query, and creating the scenario from below.
Check out our top 5 Customer Success Stories From Christmas below these are from all 3 methods of phone calls, emails and live chats:
1. I personally received a Live Chat conversation explaining that the receiver of the gift was expectantly admitted to hospital, the customer wanted to change the delivery address of the gift. With all the order details, I discovered that the order had already been processed and was scheduled to be dispatched from the warehouse that day, after checking the warehouse, it was found that the gift had left with the courier an hour previously. Informing the customer of these details, I then contacted the courier company and asked them to alter the delivery address on their systems, once the gift arrived at their depot, they managed to change the details and the gift was delivered and signed for at the new address.
2. Laura from the Customer Services team dealt with tracking the gifts once they had been dispatched from our warehouse, on one occasion, a recipient had missed the delivery and could not find where the gift was to collect it. Laura got in contact with the courier company on behalf of the recipient and found the gift and arranged for it to be re-delivered to their work, through the contact Laura discovered the importance of receiving the gift and she successfully managed to get the gift delivered without the food products spoiling.
3. On many occasions we called recipients in advance on behalf of the customers, to determine a delivery date that would suit them, as the customers were often unsure when they would be free at such a busy time of year.
4. Using the Olark Live Chat system and emails specifically many customers were given help finding the perfect Gift Basket or Gift Hamper, by supplying us with information about the receiver including gender, relation, age, personal tastes and budget. We were able to provide them with suggestions that fit their criteria, this helped many international customers especially.
5. Using the Olark Live Chat system specifically many international customers were given help to understand UK addresses and help them fill in the delivery address on the forms online.