Christmas is one of our busiest times of the year and to make it go smoothly we have a range of different processes that work together simultaneously. We have a number of different teams that work together on each process, if you took look in our warehouse right now it is just like a big conveyor belt of people making, packing, wrapping and boxing baskets. Here is a breakdown of the processes, during Christmas these processes are working constantly until after the New Year.
1. We get a large delivery of baskets well in advance, these are then stacked in the warehouse and used when needed until November.
2. During November we assemble the baskets, these are ready full prepared to be used for pre-packing, they are stacked within the warehouse until they are required.
3. From the middle of November we start receiving a weekly large deliveries of non-perishable products, these products are then used for pre-packing.
4. The prepared baskets are then brought into the packing room, they are packed in bulk usually in quantities of 100.
5. Once the baskets are packed they are then wrapped and decorated, it is a different process depending on the type of basket. Some boxes are shrink wrapped and decorated with a ribbon and others are closed by a lid and decorated by a ribbon. Once these final touches have been completed then they are stacked ready to be boxed.
6. The final stage is then to box the pre-packed baskets, so they are ready to be delivered to customers.
Check out our Christmas Gift Basket page if you would like to send a Gift Basket to your friends & family.