Last week we had the most delicate and delicious #tastetestthursday, I think we have ever had.
We had a special delivery of gorgeous little hand made macarons from Eva Paris. They are an artisan macarons and pastry company from County Down. Tracey Jeffery is both the owner and head chef, she fell in love with french patisseries when she went to Sarlat, in the Dordogne on a working holiday. She then spent time learning how to make macarons and patisserie with Raoul, the Maitre de macarons in his famous patisserie. Tracey then furthered her skills in a French Cookery school in London. They have recently won a Great Taste Award for their macarons and they were also joint winner of the Best New Business Award from the North Down Business Awards. They create spectcular macaron towers for weddings and are also used as party favours for weddings.
They create a simply delicious selection of different flavoured macarons, they do not use any flavourings only the finest natural ingredients, and the macarons are gluten free. The most popular serving suggestion is to have the macarons with a refreshing glass of champagne. We were lucky enough to be able to try the following flavours:
- "Very nice, I would like to try a full one with a lovely glass of wine, to get the full experience." Lynne
- "Tastes so fresh and crunchy, I really enjoy them." Neil
- "Delicious, it is a really mouth watering treat, I love the tangy orange taste!" Shannon
- "A gorgeous sweet orange taste." Roma
Raspberry & White Chocolate
- "The taste just blew me away, superb!" Johnny
- "They taste awesome, I can't belive they are real, they look Photoshopped." Luke
- "I loved the contrast of the crunchy outer shell and the soft fruity filling." Andrea
Vanilla Bean & Coconut
- "It was lovely and sweet, so delicious." Laura
- "A lovely mix between meringue and teacake, would be lovely with earl grey tea." Kate
As per usual deciding which was our favourite is always the hardest part of #testtastethursday but don't worry we managed it. The results are as follows:
- Raspberry & White Chocolate
- Vanilla Bean & Coconut
- Chocolate Orange
We found a very interesting flavour online Maple Syrup and Bacon flavour, would you ever consider that Tracey? Comment below with any flavours you would like to try.