I don't know about everyone else but I am finding it very hard to walk past the Christmas food treats in the Supermarkets. I feel like a child in a toy shop, with rows and rows of festive biscuit tins, chocolate santas, mince pies and you cannot forget about advent calendars. Christmas food is the best and quickest way to get into the Christmas spirit because who doesn't love festive treats.
So here is the breakdown of my Favourite Christmas Treats (I have tried to keep this list short, but it is just too hard there is so much good stuff to choose from)
- Mince Pies - My favourite mince pies have got to deep filled, with a lovely buttery crust. I love the original mince pie flavouring, but it is great to have an excuse to buy more and try new flavours.
- Shortbread - Homemade or shop bought, this is one treat that is a must for Christmas. I love it when it is plain with sugar coating, chocolate chip, lemon flavoured, orange flavoured and chocolate covered shortbread. So basically every type of shortbread you can think of, that is my favourite!
- Crackers - After a day of eating sweets, chocolates, mince pies and other sweet treats. It is nice to end the night with savory crackers and cheese along with a sneaky glass of wine, no matter the cheese there is always a cracker to match it's flavourings perfect. My favourite type of crackers is wholegrain mustard flavour.
- Chocolates - This is where it gets serious, we all now that there will be a number of brand chocolate sweet tins laying around all over your home, these are lovely to enjoy all day (serving suggestion, one or two an hour) but when the evening arrives sometimes your taste buds are craving something a little fancier. That is when I bring out the rich chocolate truffles, truffles for the win every time.
- Glazed Cooked Ham - Before, during & after Christmas day it is good to have ham on hand, because for some reason this is the one time of the year that everyone craves delicious glazed ham sandwiches.
- Mint Chocolates - Christmas is the only time a year that once dinner is just finished you are already thinking about what to eat next. My go to after dinner treat has got to be mint chocolate truffles, they just melt in your mouth.
If like me you love all these Christmas treats you can find them in our Christmas Baskets & Hampers, some even have all six in one! Check out our Christmas Range here.
Comment below if there is any treats you love that I have not mentioned.