Margaret Brownlee how I describe this lady is a hard working business woman who has been producing specialty preserves in County Armagh for over 20 years.
Margaret has been suppling our company Baskets Galore for 10years now with three products these are,
Rhubarb & Ginger Jam
Lemon, Orange & Grapefruit
Her inspiration came from her late father, Thomas Lonsdale Brownlee as he managed an apple farm and his advice to his daughter was to make jams and marmalades free of any preservatives or additives.
Using the advice that her father once give her Margaret started her company and ran her company by herself with a team of girls who helped her make, serve and package her fine products.
Margaret only will use the finest quality fruit sourced from local growers and recipes handed down through the generations, She explained that her rhubarb is only grown at lock neigh in bog soil.
This lady explained to me that something important and unique to her company would be her old methods that she uses, she feels its important to chop the fresh fruit and leave to simmer for a short time.
The difference between Margaret’s Jam and other companies would be Brownlee products would be very “watery” compared to some companies that there products would be thick like a paste, this is why our company Baskets Galore feel Margaret should be recognized more for her products as they are top quality fruits grown picked and froze chosen and then her methods of making this delicious products are old fashioned and important to herself as she has built this company from scratch and worked hard for her fathers inspirational advice. This lady has built a very successful business covering both North and South of Ireland.
The Brownlee’s company hopes to expand in the next several years and she is currently working on another jam with the flavor “Strawberry and Vanilla.”
We currently use her products in several of our gift Baskets and purchase thousands as our customers seem to really enjoy the Jams and Marmalades and would be very recommendable.
Awards Brownlee’s Has Won
• Rhubarb and Ginger Preserve – Gold Great Taste Awards 2005
• Raspberry Preserve - Gold Great Taste Awards 2005
• Cranberry Sauce with a dash of Port - Gold Great Taste Awards 2003
• Blackcurrant Preserve – Silver Great Taste Awards 2003
• Organic Lemon, Orange and Grapefruit Preserve - Silver Great Taste Awards 2005
• Seville Orange with a dash of Irish Whiskey Marmalade – Silver Great Taste Awards 2003
• Lemon, Orange and Grapefruit Coarse Cut Marmalade - Bronze Great Taste Awards 2003 and Bronze Great Taste Awards 2005.