Graduation Gifts delivered in the UK
The average age of people working in Basketsgalore is 25/26 years of age. Even the inclusion of Mother only pushes the average up to 29, so we are all aware that June and July is Graduation Season and can remember our recent and some not so recent graduations.
Since we are all graduates in various fields to at least degree level, we asked around the company to surreptitiously discover what they considered to be the worst gifts they have received. Then amalgamated their answers to identify the 10 most unpopular gifts that a graduating person would least like to receive.
Top 10 worst Gifts they received, but didn’t want
1) Offer of a week’s holiday at somebody’s apartment in Benalmadena. (Still under construction and recently featured in Homes From Hell)
2) Watches and jewellery for men. The more expensive the worse it is. Of all the boys in Basketsgalore nobody is wearing any jewellery of any description. Are we indicative of British and Irish 20 something male society?
3) A couple of people said beer because they are either allergic to it or simply don’t like it. The general consensus is that none of us likes to receive beer or spirits.
4) Clothes. It’s impossible to buy clothes for men.
5) Weekend breaks with relatives.
6) Technology gizmos, one girl received a gadget which was meant to enable TV through laptop, which has never worked. Young women in general are not appreciative of technological gifts.
7) Digital radios bought for people who live outside cities which will not work until 2012
8) Really cheap and nasty Beauty Packs
9) Rose scented beauty packs which sit in cupboards gathering dust until you need an emergency gift for somebody, you don’t really know very well. Then they will get the Rose Scented Beauty products.
10) Nasty food gifts. Examples being Cheap Turkish Delight, commercialised chocolates where the emphasis is on the country of origin, simply for the sake of it.
Quite clearly the moral of the story is that only a gift basket or hamper created by Basketsgalore can be guaranteed to delight a graduate this summer in the UK. It really is the perfect way to send your congratulations message. Not one person mentioned a gift in a basket or hamper as being something they didn’t want to receive. And since Basketsgalore assembles the nicest gift baskets in the UK, which can be seen at: http://basketsgalore.co.uk/gifts-occasion/congratulations-gifts.html then it is completely logical to suggest that Basketsgalore is the safest and best choice to make when you want to send a Graduations Gift in the UK.